1 Answer from the Community
Once you install an OS onto it (formatted with GPT partition scheme, and formatted as Mac OS Extended (aka HFS+), you can boot from the Thunderbolt port or the USB 3.0 port.
I have several drives, each with a different version of the OS and different applications.
You can either use the Installer, or clone an existing drive that is already bootable.
Just be sure to not connect both interfaces at the same time. Only one will work at a time.
- Answered by Mike M from Beaverton
- Feb 14, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
could i use it with boot camp
- Asked by Max V from Bloomfield Hills
- Dec 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (could i use it with boot camp)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
No answers yet
how do i boot into windows
- Asked by Brian W from Greenville
- Nov 2, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (how do i boot into windows)
- Asked about: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard