Is this "Thunderbolt compatible?
- Asked by Medgar P from Los Angeles
- Jun 19, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this "Thunderbolt compatible?)
2 Answers from the Community
Not without an extra interface box in between. This is a fiber-channel connected RAID subsystem meant for use in a SAN configuration. It would work with the current Mac Pro using a fiber channel I/O card. From what I've read about the new Mac Pro, it won't have any internal PCI slot space so everything will have to be connected via a Thunderbolt interface. Promise sells a 4GBps Thunderbolt to Fiber Channel interface (search Apple Store for Promise SANLink). Search for the lower costing Promise RAIDs on the Apple Store. These have built-in Thunderbolt interfaces.
Check the Promise website for more technical information.
- Answered by Peter L from Anacortes
- Aug 24, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No it is not Thunder compatible.
- Answered by David D from Miami
- Aug 7, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Is this device thunderbolt compatible?
- Asked by Soo F from Laguna Beach
- Feb 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this device thunderbolt compatible?)
- Asked about: WD 1TB My Passport for Mac Portable…
Will the use of this Thunderbolt cable enhance my video display on a thunderbolt compatible external monitor?
- Asked by David J from Branson
- Jun 28, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the use of this Thunderbolt cable enhance my video display on a thunderbolt compatible external monitor?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Cable (0.5 m) - W…