I am interested in purchasing this stand but would like to know how sturdy it is when typing on the MacBook Pro? Is the stand solid for typing?
4 Answers from the Community
Yeah! Totally sturdy and reliable. Use it for that all the time.
- Answered by Lara A from Pasadena
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I typed on this stand before and it is definitely stable for a MacBook Pro or MacBook Air. Since the stand locks into place after a certain angle, it won't collapse on you. I hope this helps.
- Answered by Gatsby S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
This is a very sturdy stand and great portable design, but the angle is completely unsuitable for typing. Your will destroy your wrists and exhaust your forearms typing in this steep position for any length of time. If you use a Mac portable keyboard with the stand then you are in good shape.
If you are very tall in the upper body, you will want to bend the hinged screen further back so you are viewing it in the correct ergonomic position, but unfortunately the hinge opening has limitations. At 6'2" I cannot view the screen on this stand at near eye level and I find myself always looking down and over time giving me neck and should discomfort.
In a word this is a great stand loved by my wife (5'5") but it doesn't work for me.
- Answered by Aaron L from Toronto
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
It is very sturdy when typing. I do lots of typing, so have a separate keyboard. The stand plus keyboard take up no more space than laptop alone. Keep in mind that the Pro's screen will be at a slant, which is a good thing economically. You can adjust how much slant you want.
- Answered by Patricia A from Porter
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
What type of Macbook should I get? Air or Pro?
- Asked by Alaina Z from Copley
- Jan 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (What type of Macbook should I get? Air or Pro?)
- Asked about: Mac
How much clearance does the front of the stand have?
- Asked by Matt A from Columbus
- Dec 23, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (How much clearance does the front of the stand have?)
- Asked about: Rain Design mStand for MacBook/MacB…
Which Mac is better for typing?
- Asked by Aubrey W
- Jul 8, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Which Mac is better for typing?)
- Asked about: Mac