What is the difference between the Thule 13" Gauntlet Sleeve for MacBook Pro and the Thule 13" Sleeve for MacBook Pro?
I looked at the Thule website and the only sleeve product they had listed was the Gauntlet Sleeve, however the photo for this was that of the sleeve listed simply as the Thule 13" Sleeve. I am a little confused about the difference in these products as the outer of one is foam and the other fabric, so I just wanted to see if anyone knew the differences in protection offered by each. Many Thanks!
2 Answers from the Community
The Gauntlet sleeve that is listed on the Thule website is the first generation product,and the Gauntlet 2.0 sleeve on Apple.com is the second generation product. There are a few main differences between the 2. The first generation product does not have a velcro closure on the elastic strap inside the sleeve, and the second generation does. The contouring on the second generation is also improved to fit the newer model MacBooks and it allow for better airflow around the computer.
- Answered by Dawson W from Phoenix
- Mar 26, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
the thule gauntlet 2.0 Sleeve is an improved version. The corners of this case are more rigid and protect very well your mac , avoiding possible damage. The other difference is that this new version is lighter than the previous one. If u want good protection, design and light material go for this second version. Have a great Day!
- Answered by Alvaro P
- Oct 31, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will this sleeve fit the 13 MacBook pro with retina display?
- Asked by Ivan M from Van Nuys
- Dec 5, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this sleeve fit the 13 MacBook pro with retina display?)
- Asked about: Michael Kors Sleeve for MacBook Pro
Will the 13 inch macbook pro retina fit in this sleeve?
- Asked by Michael M from Newtown
- Jan 19, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the 13 inch macbook pro retina fit in this sleeve?)
- Asked about: MICHAEL Michael Kors 13" Sleeve for…
Will a 13' Macbook Air with a Thule 13' Molded EVA sleeve fit in the laptop compartment?
- Asked by Sarah S from Saskatoon
- Sep 8, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will a 13' Macbook Air with a Thule 13' Molded EVA sleeve fit in the laptop compartment?)
- Asked about: MICHAEL Michael Kors 15" Jet Set Tr…