How does this updated case fit both the regular MacBook Pro and the Retina version?
I was wondering how this case is made to fit both the regular MacBook Pro and the Retina version, which is significantly thinner and smaller in dimensions. Apart from the fact it has an adjustable strap, what will stop it from moving around, say from side to side, when the case is closed? Clearly it must have extra room to accomodate the chunkier regular MacBook, so I don't see how this case can properly *fit* the Retina version and give glove-like security.
- Asked by Reuben H from Salisbury
- Mar 22, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (How does this updated case fit both the regular MacBook Pro and the Retina version?)
4 Answers from the Community
I did buy the Thule 13'' Gauntlet 2.0 Thule for my 13'' Mac Book Pro w Retina based on the comment made by Dawson W from Phoenix (looking at his various comments it seems he is woring for Thule. I have just returned it.
The Mac Book Pro does NOT fit. It is loose and moving around (especially vertically). Watch out for something else!
- Answered by Christina G from Zürich
- Apr 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Fits a Retina very poorly
- Answered by Andrew F from Brooklyn
- Apr 22, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can someone please be specific and honest regarding this case.?
I really need something like this for my Macbook Pro Retina 15", but obv don't want to get it, if the fit is poor.
If it isn't any good, what else is there.?
- Answered by Chris B
- May 26, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
The Thule Gauntlet sleeve was designed with contouring in the case that gives a beveled edge and does a good job of holding down the slightly smaller Retina version when the elastic strap is secured. The Retina version is .43" shorter on the longest side (or .215" on each end of the case) and .32" shorter in depth (or .16" on the front and back). So while the Retina version has a slightly smaller overall diameter this case does a good job of holding both versions securely in place.
- Answered by Dawson W from Phoenix
- Mar 26, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Is this case designed for the "late 2013" version of the Macbook pro retina? How fit is it?
- Asked by Chunxiang W from Indianapolis
- Apr 22, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this case designed for the "late 2013" version of the Macbook pro retina? How fit is it?)
- Asked about: Tech21 Impact Snap Case for 11-inch…
does this case fit the macbook pro retina 15
- Asked by Theresa G from Largo
- Apr 29, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (does this case fit the macbook pro retina 15)
- Asked about: Speck 11" SmartShell Case for MacBo…