What is the difference between the B&W A7 and the Zeppelin Air from a sound quality point of view?
I am looking for the one with the best audio quality.
- Asked by Andrea F from Brooklyn
- Nov 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the difference between the B&W A7 and the Zeppelin Air from a sound quality point of view?)
5 Answers from the Community
I've had both and enjoyed the Zeppelin, but replaced it with the A7. I wish I had taken the time to listen to them side by side, but I difference was still clear when I received the A7. I don't have the vocabulary of the audiophiles, so I'll do the best I can. There's absolutely no distortion with the A7 even at full volume whereas the Zeppelin distorted ever so slightly. I was also able to enjoy a more spacious sound from the A7 and more pronounced bass. I'd guess it's due to the new design. As I'm writing this review, I listening to a Tracy Chappman track and she sounds lie she's sitting in the room with me. Everything is so unbelievably clear. I warned you my vocab was less than par...Anyways, I hope this helps:)
- Answered by Edward R from Damascus
- Nov 18, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
They are very close but I feel the A7 is better. I own both and the A7 seems to have that little extra in both the bottom and top end.. I also have the A5 and frankly, the average listener (my wife's opinion) will not notice much difference between all of them. They are all great products.
- Answered by Randy E from Collingwood
- Nov 17, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I compared A7 and Zeppelin Air side by side at my home. Both are equally good at most of the frequencies of my music. But, I felt A7 sounded better at certain mid and low frequencies, but that comes with additional 200$. I returned ZA.
- Answered by Suresh V from Sunnyvale
- Jan 1, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
I have listened to both side by side. I can say the difference is light and day. The zep is good but the A7 is a HI-FI replacement. The A7 sounds *much* more open compared to the Zep. The Zep sounds 'Cloudy' almost like you have cotton wool in your ears compared. Audition the A7 and the Zep will never sound the same again.
If you have money for either there is no decision to be made just get the A7.
- Answered by Andrew H
- Jun 15, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
I don't think the difference is night and day like others have said but you can definitely tell the difference. I have an A5, Zeppelin Air, and an A7 and I rank them in that order with the A7 being the best of the 3. The lows of the A7 really trump the Zeppelin and the A5's lows don't really compare to either. Not saying the A5 is bad by any means, B&W doesn't make a bad product.
For me the biggest advantage is the size. The size of the A5 & A7 is great, they're easy to place around the house. The Zeppelin is a little bit tougher to find a spot for being its such an awkward shape.
- Answered by John M from Ypsilanti
- Aug 3, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
b&w zeppelin-air vs beat box which one should i get ? which ones louder, better quality of sound, etc
- Asked by Cam H from Sault Saint Marie
- Dec 10, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (b&w zeppelin-air vs beat box which one should i get ? which ones louder, better quality of sound, etc)
- Asked about: Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Air Speak…
Which is better (in terms of sound, quality, and durability) B&O H6 or B&W P7?
- Asked by Robert Z from Harrisburg
- May 31, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Which is better (in terms of sound, quality, and durability) B&O H6 or B&W P7?)
- Asked about: BeoPlay H6 Over-Ear Headphones by B…
Compared to M1 B&W or Zeppelin B&W, what do you think ?
- Asked by Johan H from Uccle
- Apr 4, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Compared to M1 B&W or Zeppelin B&W, what do you think ?)
- Asked about: Bose® Companion® 5 Multimedia Speak…