On several other printers, and on the one I have now (Canon Pixma) the scanner function simply does not work. Does anyone know if this one works?
I want to be able to put something on the glass, hit "scan" and have a PDF show up on my computer. So far I see a lot of printers that are supposed to be able to do that, but the reviews say they don't. I'd like a printer that will do this rather than having to buy a separate scanner.
- Asked by Madeleine M from Austin
- Feb 21, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (On several other printers, and on the one I have now (Canon Pixma) the scanner function simply does not work. Does anyone know if this one works?)
3 Answers from the Community
I had a similar problem with a HP Photosmart. I found that it was easier to open "Preview" in the computer and from the file menu select "Import from scanner" than to work from the printer.
- Answered by Jorge G from San Diego
- Mar 9, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I have an older HP AirPrint printer/scanner (B210a) that scans to my MBP exactly like you described. I just bought this one, so I'm optimistically hopeful that it works that same way.
- Answered by Chad S from Shawnee
- Mar 8, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
My solution for this paperless office solution, what I have for my MacPro running on everything from Tiger to MountainLion as I upgraded systems, is A Fujitsu SnapScan S510M combined with DEVONthink Pro Office. It is an amazing solution, quickly scanning pages of stuff into searchable pdf's. Add Adobe Acrobat Professional if you like. It will save you so much time and hence money over the years. I could find nothing else that was close to ease of use and instant automation. Checkout DEVONthink Pro Office support and user group comments for use with other printers and scanners. Regards Mike
- Answered by Michael K
- Feb 28, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
what PRINTER works with a iphone4s
- Asked by Tammie M from Fontana
- May 18, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (what PRINTER works with a iphone4s)
- Asked about: iPhone
will 2 work at once, one in each ear?
- Asked by Scott R from Madison
- Jun 10, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (will 2 work at once, one in each ear?)
- Asked about: Bose Bluetooth Headset Series 2 (Ri…
No answers yet
Is a canon printer compatible with a mini ipad
- Asked by Patricia M from Mt. Pearl
- Mar 5, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Is a canon printer compatible with a mini ipad)
- Asked about: iPad
No answers yet