Does the printer need one large cartridge as it takes 5 of them and the slot for the 5th cartdidge looks bigger.
If one cartridge runs dry can I still continue printing or need to replace it to continue.
3 Answers from the Community
Ink cartridges are available in standard & high capacity. There are 5 individual ink cartridges: magenta, cyan, yellow, photo black (for shading the colors) & black. Photo black & black are 2 distinct carts, they cannot substitute for each other. Each color cart has a symbol which matches a specific slot in the ink bay
As for cost, the XL carts, which are higher capacity, are the better value. Although each color cart is sold individually, the color 4-pack is usually the best price; includes magenta, cyan, yellow & photo black. The black cart is sold separately from the color 4-pack
- Answered by Mark L from San Diego
- Feb 21, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Most HP Photosmart printers have five slots for ink. The four that are smaller/same size, are for (a) black photo ink, (b) magenta, (c) cyan, and (d) yellow. The fifth (large) slot is for black ink. This is a much larger slot, since most of the printing one does is black-on-white, so one will use black ink at a much higher rate.
- Answered by Curtis W from Corvallis
- Dec 5, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
The black cartridge is bigger as it is used most often this is why one cartridge looks bigger.
- Answered by Andrew G
- Dec 1, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
can a ipod 5th generation 32gb/64gb get CAMERA 360??
- Asked by Adrian Benn F
- Aug 31, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can a ipod 5th generation 32gb/64gb get CAMERA 360??)
- Asked about: iPod
Can you still use your lightning cord or does it take a different one?
- Asked by Leann C from Prescott Valley
- Dec 26, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you still use your lightning cord or does it take a different one?)
- Asked about: Boostcase Hybrid Power Case for iPh…
will apple take more than one trade-in for a new purchase?
- Asked by Victoria R from Aurora
- Jan 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (will apple take more than one trade-in for a new purchase?)
- Asked about: iPod