Will my ipad 3 and iPhone 5 with otterbox defender cases fit the ihome id99?
- Asked by James H from Hingham
- Oct 7, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will my ipad 3 and iPhone 5 with otterbox defender cases fit the ihome id99?)
3 Answers from the Community
Any apple products with an otter box will not fit an ihome. The connector will not be able to let it fit. The ipad3 will fit without a case. For the iphone 5, you will have to get a lightning to 30 pin connector.
- Answered by G E from Wexford
- Oct 18, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes if you buy the new adapter Lightning to 30 pin adapter for the iPhone 5 ON A 0.2M CORD. ($29.99 from Apple store) The single piece smaller adapter without the cord will NOT work with the defender case. You can also use the USB connection with the cord that came with the phone on the ihome 99 but not sure if you can play music and charge at the same time. I am waiting to hear from ihome on that .
- Answered by Jaime G from Mesa
- Oct 17, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
NO it will not, the lighting pin does not reach far enough to charge, with the Otterbox. Another oversight on iHome designers. It will work with out the case.
- Answered by Ron H from Affton
- Aug 24, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
My IPhone 5 has an Otterbox Defender case. Will this dock with this model?
- Asked by Joyce A C from Houston
- Jul 29, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (My IPhone 5 has an Otterbox Defender case. Will this dock with this model?)
- Asked about: iHome iPL10 Lightning Dock Dual Cha…
will this fit with the otterbox defender case?
- Asked by Michael D from Effort
- Oct 30, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (will this fit with the otterbox defender case?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter
does the case fit on speakers such as iHomes?
- Asked by Ben G from Birmingham
- Oct 1, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (does the case fit on speakers such as iHomes?)
- Asked about: iPhone 5s Case - Black
No answers yet