Is it compatible with the iPhone 5?
- Asked by Susan M from Lowell
- Oct 6, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it compatible with the iPhone 5?)
4 Answers from the Community
Yes, but you will have to get the apple lightning to 30 pin adapter.
- Answered by G E from Wexford
- Oct 18, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I have an older ihome and it also has a USB connection and 30 pin dock. I have a defender Otterbox case. If I use the Lightning to 30 pin adapter THAT IS 0.2 m ON A CORD ($29.99) I can dock the iPhone 5 to the ihome. Do not get the one piece adapter without the cord unless your iPhone is in a slider case or you do not use a case as the case will intefere with the adapter. Presently all ihomes have 30pin docks. The iD99 is the only one with an additional USB connection which can be used as well but you may have to choose between charging and playing. I am not sure about that. You use the USB to Lightning cord that comes with the ihome. On this model you can charge up to three devices simultaneously including an iPad . The other available solution currently for iPhone 5's are the airplay and Bluetooth speaker models. These do not charge the iPhone and have no clock radio functions or alarms. Hope this helps, we are trying what to do and think at present most will work with the adapter but that is additional cost.
- Answered by Jaime G from Mesa
- Oct 17, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
phone music and siri talk to message all work fine u need to buy one for sure
- Answered by Tony R from Phoenix
- Oct 8, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
the Apple connector will allow you to dock and charge your iPhone 5 on the rear (iPad) dock, you can also charge your iPhone 5 and iPad mini through the USB port on the back of the unit.
- Answered by Michael L from Norfolk
- Nov 29, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Is it compatible with the iphone 5
- Asked by Coleman R from Londonderry
- Jun 9, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it compatible with the iphone 5)
- Asked about: Philips Wireless Microphone and Blu…
No answers yet
is this cable compatible with the iphone 5?
- Asked by Ana S from Hollywood
- Oct 21, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (is this cable compatible with the iphone 5?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable