How do you charge the Mophie? Do you need special equipment to charge it?
- Asked by Carolynn L from Portland
- Jan 15, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (How do you charge the Mophie? Do you need special equipment to charge it?)
2 Answers from the Community
it comes with a cable that you can plug into the same plug that an iPhone/iPad or similar device has. just as with almost all electronic devices these days from cell phones to tablets, etc, most plug 'heads' have a USB port so that you can remove the cable and insert any viable plug.
*NO plug is provided with the device. you must use your own plug from your phone or tablet, etc. This really isn't too big of a deal considering you already have one, or else you wouldn't need the portable battery pack :) an extra is nice though so that you can power 2 devices simultaneously
also, most Mophie portable battery pack devices use a cable that has a Micro-USB head on one end, and a regular USB head on the other... the micro USB connects to the device, the USB connects to a plug
charge is rather slow, but that's only because your charging 6000mAh! (mAh standing for a unit of measure for certain types of batteries, more below). for example, one brand new iPhone5 battery is 1440mAh, and you are charging something that is over 4 times that... so its basically like charging an iPhone5 four+ times lol..
however, the great thing about the Mophie chargers is that since the amperage output is higher than what you would have if you were connected to a regular electrical outlet, the device you are re-charging charges at a faster rate.
An ampere-hour or amp-hour (symbol Ah, AHr, A·h, A h) is a unit of electric charge, with sub-units milliampere-hour (mAh) and milliampere second (mAs). One ampere-hour is equal to 3600 coulombs (ampere-seconds), the electric charge transferred by a steady current of one ampere for one second. The ampere-hour is frequently used in measurements of electrochemical systems such as electroplating and electrical batteries. The commonly seen milliampere-hour (mAh or mA·h) is one-thousandth of an ampere-hour (3.6 coulombs).
- Answered by Matthew H from San Diego
- Jan 24, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
It comes with a cord that can plug into the usb port on computer to charge it or use the wall connection for your ios device. Takes awhile to charge but it lasts a really long time.
- Answered by Laura P from Mason
- Jul 3, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Charging iPad in Australia
- Asked by Peter Z from Chelmsford
- Mar 24, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Charging iPad in Australia)
- Asked about: Twelve South PlugBug World Charger …
How do I charge Mophie Juice Pack Powerstation Mini (the Mophie itself) while in Europe-what do I need-other than what comes packed with the Mophie?
- Asked by Nina M F from Midland Park
- Sep 22, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I charge Mophie Juice Pack Powerstation Mini (the Mophie itself) while in Europe-what do I need-other than what comes packed with the Mophie?)
- Asked about: iPhone
how do you charge mophie when he runs out of juice?
- Asked by Jo Lynn T from Houston
- Jun 9, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (how do you charge mophie when he runs out of juice?)
- Asked about: mophie Juice Pack Reserve External …