Does it fit iPad mini with retina display?
I understand that iPad mini with retina display is slightly thicker than the original iPad mini. The original has been described as a 'tight fit' and I therefore wonder if it will not fit, even though Logitech's website lists the retina display under 'system requirements'.
- Asked by Paul B
- Nov 25, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it fit iPad mini with retina display?)
7 Answers from the Community
yes it does,because the new ipad mini is only a hair thicker than the old one, all mini cases will fit it. but, one of the two microphones will be covered by the back padding.
hope this helps.
- Answered by Lewis C
- Nov 29, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The iPad mini with Retina display is only 0.1 mm thicker. I'll eat my hat if anyone can tell the difference without a vernier caliper. It will definitely fit both the hinge and the slot for standing it up. It isn't a tight fit: I can swivel the the tablet in the slot to fit something much more than 0.1 mm thicker. The hinge also has a fair bit of play.
- Answered by Jennifer K from East York
- Nov 29, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
As an update to my earlier review, having used both devices with a folio keyboard for a few months now (my partner has the original ipad mini with folio) - I can say that the difference in usage is marginal. I was a little dissapointed that the older ipad seemed more stable initially - but with the retina display it is still very useable and the difference is not too significant. All in alll, I have to say that I really like it, and the form factor of the mini suits this device well.
- Answered by Jack W
- Feb 1, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
No they do not fit the iPad mini with retina display because that little extra thickness makes so that they wont fit the iPad mini cases. I have bou8ght 2 different styles and they do not fit properly. I would be afraid of the iPad mini falling out because it is not snug..
- Answered by Rhoda H from Oshawa
- Jan 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Yes it should fit the iPad mini with Retina Display. It may be a bit snugger fit since the new mini is slightly larger depth (0.01 inches).
- Answered by Rebecca S from Henrico
- Nov 29, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
inside the slot for the mini, there is a thin plastic (~0.5mm) on the side towards the keyboard. Take a paper knife and remove this - then the ipad mini retina fits perfectly, like the original mini.
- Answered by Odd Harald S
- Nov 5, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
I have a ipad mini with retina display..will ipad keyboard fit.
- Answered by Clifton H from Shreveport
- Jan 31, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 7
Does it fit the iPad mini with retina display
- Asked by Tania F
- Jan 28, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it fit the iPad mini with retina display)
- Asked about: Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Folio f…
Does this fit the iPad mini with Retina display?
- Asked by Theresa S from Carlsbad
- Oct 7, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this fit the iPad mini with Retina display?)
- Asked about: Acme Made Skinny Book Case for iPad…