Can this product be used on an IPAD2?
- Asked by Sophie O
- Sep 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this product be used on an IPAD2?)
3 Answers from the Community
You can use Elgato Game Capture HD with most iPads. iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4 and iPad mini work well.
You will need a Apple Digital AV Adapter that offers HDMI output. There is an older adapter, and a newer one. We recommend the newer one.
If your iPad has a Lightning port, then use the Lightning to HDMI adapter with Elgato Game Capture HD.
You could also use an adapter that offers component output. Elgato Game Capture HD does offer component input.
Make sure you select iPad as your input, from the Settings window of Elgato Game Capture HD.
- Answered by Nicholas F from Berkeley
- Nov 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No you can't because this only works on X box 360 and playstation. But want you can do is hook you ipad 2 up to the tv and then record it then it will work
- Answered by Mackenzie D from Sydney
- Oct 20, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Yes you can, but you can only record unprotected content. You can't use it to record movies from the iTunes movie store, for example, because they are protected content.
You can use a 30-pin to HDMI adapter to connect the iPad 2 to the Elgato Game Capture HD.
- Answered by Stuart S from San Francisco
- Nov 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
is there a lightning converter for the ipad 2?
- Asked by Jennifer Q from San Antonio
- Jul 15, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (is there a lightning converter for the ipad 2?)
- Asked about: iPad
can this product hold an Ipad 2??
- Asked by Rajeev B
- Feb 6, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (can this product hold an Ipad 2??)
- Asked about: MICHAEL Michael Kors 13" Slim Sleev…
No answers yet
can you listen to music using the hdmi cable and the hdmi adapter?
- Asked by Steve S from Houston
- Sep 22, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (can you listen to music using the hdmi cable and the hdmi adapter?)
- Asked about: Apple HDMI to HDMI Cable 1.8 m