What's the difference between the 9233 & the 9230? There's about £45 difference in the 2tb models at the moment, & i can't see the difference. Thanks
3 Answers from the Community
I emailed the manufacturer about the drive. They said that the LaCie USB 3.0 drivers used with PCI cards are currently not compatible with Mac OSX Mountain Lion and there are no plans to update these drivers at this time. The P’9230 should otherwise work on Mountain Lion via USB 2.0.
The P'9233 works with USB 3.0 on Mountain Lion. That's the difference between the two.
- Answered by Dan S
- Aug 16, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
the 9233 has the latest generation haddrive inside, i think its a 7200 seagate, the older model might have an older generation, also, the 9233 is officially tuned by lacie for ivy bridge mac and its gen 2 USB3 supporting SCSI over USB3, nothing about p9230 says that, so big difference, IMHO, BTW, i am running one with retina macbook pro and its amazingly fast!
- Answered by Bashar A from Vancouver
- Sep 2, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
According to LaCie, the only difference is the finish. The brushed aluminum finish of the 9233 is designed to complement the finish of Mac computers.
- Answered by Karen H from Brooklyn
- Aug 9, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
The one on Logitech's site has a shell that wraps all around, this one leaves the speakers exposed. Can someone confirm the difference?
- Asked by Dominique L from Scarborough
- Aug 30, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (The one on Logitech's site has a shell that wraps all around, this one leaves the speakers exposed. Can someone confirm the difference?)
- Asked about: Logitech Hinge Case for iPad Air
are there different wrist sizes?
- Asked by Nancy S from Scottsdale
- Dec 26, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (are there different wrist sizes?)
- Asked about: Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity + Sle…
How is this different from the 9220 model?
- Asked by Anubhav J from San Francisco
- Aug 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (How is this different from the 9220 model?)
- Asked about: LaCie 1TB Porsche Design P'9223 USB…