What's the difference between the 9233 & the 9230? There's about £45 difference in the 2tb models at the moment, & i can't see the difference. Thanks
3 Answers from the Community
I emailed the manufacturer about the drive. They said that the LaCie USB 3.0 drivers used with PCI cards are currently not compatible with Mac OSX Mountain Lion and there are no plans to update these drivers at this time. The P’9230 should otherwise work on Mountain Lion via USB 2.0.
The P'9233 works with USB 3.0 on Mountain Lion. That's the difference between the two.
- Answered by Dan S
- Aug 16, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
the 9233 has the latest generation haddrive inside, i think its a 7200 seagate, the older model might have an older generation, also, the 9233 is officially tuned by lacie for ivy bridge mac and its gen 2 USB3 supporting SCSI over USB3, nothing about p9230 says that, so big difference, IMHO, BTW, i am running one with retina macbook pro and its amazingly fast!
- Answered by Bashar A from Vancouver
- Sep 2, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
According to LaCie, the only difference is the finish. The brushed aluminum finish of the 9233 is designed to complement the finish of Mac computers.
- Answered by Karen H from Brooklyn
- Aug 9, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
What is the difference between the two power adapters?
- Asked by Deborah E from Canby
- Jun 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the difference between the two power adapters?)
- Asked about: Apple 85W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter (…
different models of macbook pro charger
- Asked by Tan W
- Apr 3, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (different models of macbook pro charger)
- Asked about: Apple 45W MagSafe Power Adapter for…
No answers yet
How is this model different from the previous adapter? (prior to March 2012)
- Asked by Eric S from Ottawa
- Mar 7, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (How is this model different from the previous adapter? (prior to March 2012))
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter