What's the difference between the 9233 & the 9230? There's about £45 difference in the 2tb models at the moment, & i can't see the difference. Thanks
3 Answers from the Community
I emailed the manufacturer about the drive. They said that the LaCie USB 3.0 drivers used with PCI cards are currently not compatible with Mac OSX Mountain Lion and there are no plans to update these drivers at this time. The P’9230 should otherwise work on Mountain Lion via USB 2.0.
The P'9233 works with USB 3.0 on Mountain Lion. That's the difference between the two.
- Answered by Dan S
- Aug 16, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
the 9233 has the latest generation haddrive inside, i think its a 7200 seagate, the older model might have an older generation, also, the 9233 is officially tuned by lacie for ivy bridge mac and its gen 2 USB3 supporting SCSI over USB3, nothing about p9230 says that, so big difference, IMHO, BTW, i am running one with retina macbook pro and its amazingly fast!
- Answered by Bashar A from Vancouver
- Sep 2, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
According to LaCie, the only difference is the finish. The brushed aluminum finish of the 9233 is designed to complement the finish of Mac computers.
- Answered by Karen H from Brooklyn
- Aug 9, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
What's the difference between the 5 and 5s?
- Asked by Kathy A from Ventura
- Sep 20, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (What's the difference between the 5 and 5s?)
- Asked about: iPhone
Can you get it in different colors
- Asked by Elek G from Wichita
- Dec 5, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you get it in different colors)
- Asked about: Silverlit Interactive Bluetooth Rem…