connecting two in series
I want to use two La Cie external hard drives, the first baccking up my mack and the second providing backup to the first. Can this be done by simple connection in series?
- Asked by Glen C from Qualicum
- Nov 5, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (connecting two in series)
1 Answer from the Community
It is not done by one drive backing up the other but by two drives backing up your Mac, The result is the same. Below are two ways of doing this.
Do you have Mountain Lion? If so, it allows you to designate two drives to which to backup your Mac. It will alternate its hourly backups between the two LaCie drives and will continue backing up to one if the other is disconnected.
If you do not have Mountain Lion and do not want to buy it, then you can use Disk Utility to configure two LaCie drives as a RAID 1 volume, then designate that volume as the backup target for Time Machine. TM data will then be written to both disks so if one fails your backup will still be on the other one.
- Answered by David V from Bowral
- Nov 10, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
If I buy two or more, can I connect each other in sequence?
- Asked by Carlos Eduardo B from North Las Vegas
- Aug 13, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (If I buy two or more, can I connect each other in sequence?)
- Asked about: Philips Friends of Hue LightStrips
can I connect two monitors?
- Asked by Heinz A from Fort Lauderdale
- Nov 21, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can I connect two monitors?)
- Asked about: Refurbished Mac Pro 3.7GHz Quad-Cor…
No answers yet