Can I connect the P9233 to a Time Capsule for additional storage space? Our time capsule is out of space. We have an iMac and a Macbook Pro. Thanks
1 Answer from the Community
Unfortunately, this drive powers down into an energy saving mode, and platters spin down to idle. This has the appearance of a disconnected drive over the Airport Extreme or Time Capsule. Only solution is to power cycle the drive, and it will re-appear on the network. This is not a fault of the P'2933, as it is really destined for use on a Mac USB port as additional storage and for a local Time Machine backup.
- Answered by Neil Y from Ottawa
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I play music off a Mac Pro laptop using Time Capsule as my iTunes library storage source, wirelessly?
- Asked by Bill C from San Francisco
- Dec 12, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I play music off a Mac Pro laptop using Time Capsule as my iTunes library storage source, wirelessly?)
- Asked about: Mac
Do I need an additional external hard drive if I have the AirPort Time Capsule?
- Asked by Melinda I from Ypsilanti
- Apr 9, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need an additional external hard drive if I have the AirPort Time Capsule?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB