wil this mobile hard drive work with both my MAC and my Windows PC?
- Asked by Clifford M from Las Vegas
- Flag as inappropriate (wil this mobile hard drive work with both my MAC and my Windows PC?)
2 Answers from the Community
Yes if you partition the drive properly. To use it for Windows machines, you will need a MS-DOS partition which will also work with Mac. However the Mac formatted partition , which only works with Mac machines, is faster than the MS-Dos formatted partitions. The solution I recommend is to have several (at least 2) partitions formatted in different formats (using the Disk Utility in Mac or using Lacie's setup utility).
- Answered by Keivan S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
NO why contaminate this drive by using it for a PC. It has specific combatible software loaded on it designed for use with a MAC .
PC 's are not slick enough for this drive.
- Answered by Andrew S from Main Beach Qld
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
do pc external hard drives work on a mac?
- Asked by Jordan S from Mt Juliet
- Nov 29, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (do pc external hard drives work on a mac?)
- Asked about: Mac
No answers yet
does a mac windows work for pc
- Asked by Shayan M from Victorville
- Jan 30, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (does a mac windows work for pc)
- Asked about: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard