Is there a way to have the app on all the time or automatically activate when in your car?
I can see me (and others) forgetting to turn it on before it's too late. Also, what's it gonna cost to install? I don't want a power cord running up to my dash
- Asked by Scott S from Colorado Springs
- Jun 17, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a way to have the app on all the time or automatically activate when in your car?)
2 Answers from the Community
The product that is available in the Apple Store includes a power-plug that is designed for the cigarette-lighter plug in your car. Escort offers direct-wiring options separately, as well as battery-powered radar detectors.
There is no cost to install it. It mounts on your windshield using the provided windshield mounting clips.
Once you launch the app, it will run continuously, unless the iPhone is out-of-range for 15 minutes (and causes the app to disconnect), or you quit the app. However, you can always re-connect to the app after a time-out.
It does not auto-activate, because that's not always the appropriate thing to do in all circumstances.
- Answered by Tom B from Topeka
- Jul 25, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes, just leave the iPhone on with the app running. But seriously, once you're in the car, pressing on the Escort Live app is not all that difficult.
- Answered by Frank S M from Pinellas Park
- Apr 1, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can I automatically duplicate my iPad app organization on my iPhone?
- Asked by Jennifer W from Little Rock
- Oct 13, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I automatically duplicate my iPad app organization on my iPhone?)
- Asked about: iPad
What kind of problems can I expect if I try to use Automatic and the Waze app at the same time?
- Asked by Bruce G from Acton
- Sep 5, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (What kind of problems can I expect if I try to use Automatic and the Waze app at the same time?)
- Asked about: Automatic: Your Smart Driving Assis…
Does it output all game apps?
- Asked by Andrzej R from Carter Lake
- May 22, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it output all game apps?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to VGA Adapter