can you charge without vehicle running/
My charger does not charge unless my car is running, is this normal?
- Asked by Robert M from Cranston
- Feb 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can you charge without vehicle running/)
1 Answer from the Community
This depends on how your car is wired, its not the charger. For car accessories there are switched and constant circuits. If its constant then the cigarette lighter port will work at all times. If its a switched circuit (which it is) it will only have power when the keys is inserted and you feel a click (ignition switch), it should work this way if the engine is running or not.
Weather cars have constant or switched circuit is a gamble based off the car model and manufacturer. If you have a mechanic you trust they can re-wire the port to be constant, but it could possibly drain the car battery if power is being used for an extended period of time.
- Answered by Kevin R from Reynoldsburg
- Mar 6, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is an adapter available for charging ia a vehicle
- Asked by Cyril B from Port Blandford
- Mar 6, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is an adapter available for charging ia a vehicle)
- Asked about: iPod
Can i run bluetooth connections to both jawbone for phone and vehicle system to stream music?
- Asked by John C from Batesville
- May 1, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i run bluetooth connections to both jawbone for phone and vehicle system to stream music?)
- Asked about: iPhone
Does the Mophie contain physical, on-board memory or not?
- Asked by Dennis A N from Nashua
- Mar 14, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Mophie contain physical, on-board memory or not?)
- Asked about: mophie space pack Battery Case with…