is it waterproof
it said on one of the videos that it is waterproof and i just wanna make sure?
- Asked by Ludmila K from Gulfport
- Jul 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (is it waterproof)
5 Answers from the Community
I would say it is not water proof - I would not submerge it in water, nor fly it in rain.
- Answered by Matti W
- Aug 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
It is NOT waterproof as it has circuit boards and other electronics that may fail if you get them wet.
- Answered by John B from San Diego
- Sep 22, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
No way there is electrical connections and motherboards exposed under the rotors and water will get into the sensors
- Answered by Genette F from Essex
- Aug 10, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
All the above are true.
However I have flown in rain, and snow with no ill effects. It has crashed in snow and spent up to 30 minutes with those circuit boards buried; very wet when retrieved; and flown again immediately. All I've done is to blow the excess snow/water away with my breath.
- Answered by Andrew N from Outremont
- Jul 29, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
I flew it after rain and put it down in wet grass. It still worked but I would not call it waterproof. It has exposed circuits near the motors and the gears that drive the propellers too are exposed. The central hull does not look water tight either. I would definitely not consider this waterproof.
- Answered by Mark P from Montreal
- Jul 30, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5