How faer away can it fly from your phone? I live on a 150 bluff above 100ft tree's can it fly above the trees?
- Asked by Thomas G from Rochester
- Sep 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (How faer away can it fly from your phone? I live on a 150 bluff above 100ft tree's can it fly above the trees?)
2 Answers from the Community
yes you can fly just above the trees but I would not try it. losing a product like this would be a huge waste of money. The drone can fly 160ft away from you and probably a little further but the connection may not last compared to what's around you.
- Answered by Daniel O from Gaithersburg
- Oct 1, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The 50 meter WiFi range limit should also serve as a reasonable guide the horizontal as well as the vertical. The current user altitude record (presumably unmodified) seems to be about 185 meters (not feet), as per the official Parrot AR Drone site.
That advertized range between transmitter (your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch) and the Drone is about 50 meters (165 feet), and I regularly fly from the center of a soccer field, and reaching the goals is no problem. I set my altitude limit to a practical 18m (60 feet), because I want to assure control should a breeze take it away and because that IS above the trees in my usual flying spot.
Even though the AR Drone will hover in place if the WiFi connection is lost, and automatically reconnect when you draw near, that bottom of that bluff would be a concern; but, out of the box, the Drone should manage the 100 foot trees with little trouble.
- Answered by Walter C G from Austin
- Apr 9, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
What happens if you fly the drone out of range of your controler?
- Asked by Eric S from Wyalusing
- Mar 8, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (What happens if you fly the drone out of range of your controler?)
- Asked about: Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 Power Edition Q…
can it be used when flying?
- Asked by Edwin R from Naperville
- Aug 22, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (can it be used when flying?)
- Asked about: Harman Kardon Bluetooth Wireless Ov…
Does it work when I need to leave my phone behind?
- Asked by Amy L from Fayetteville
- Mar 14, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it work when I need to leave my phone behind?)
- Asked about: UP by Jawbone