What do I need to get to be able to transfer the pictures from my Canon DSLR camera to my iPad? My camera uses a Compact Flash card. Thanks.
- Asked by Desiree M from Edson
- Feb 15, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (What do I need to get to be able to transfer the pictures from my Canon DSLR camera to my iPad? My camera uses a Compact Flash card. Thanks.)
2 Answers from the Community
First, the recommendation to use the Camera Connection Kit (CCK) does not apply: it can take an SD card, whereas you asked about a Compact Flash (CF) card. Because the CF card is much larger than the SD card, it is not possible to make an adaptor to fit.
Second, the documentation lists many Canon dSLR models ...
"Pro compatibility: Canon 5D Mark III, 5D Mark II, 5D, 7D, EOS 1D X, 1D C, 1D Mark IV, 1Ds Mark III, 1Ds Mark II, 1Ds, 1D Mark III, 1D Mark II, 1D Mark IIn, 1D, EOS 10D, 20D, 30D, 40D, 50D, EOS D60 (from 2002) EOS D30 (from 2000), EOS 3 and EOS 1V, Hasselblad H1, H2, H3, H4, Contax 645 (dependent on your back) Amateur compatibility: Canon G1X, G10, G11, G12, G15, 6D, 60D, 1000D, 1100D, 650D, 600D, 100D, 550D, 500D, 450D, 400D, 350D, 300D, EOS Digital Rebel series, Kiss F, X6i, X5, X4, X3, X50, XS, Elan II/ IIE, Elan 7/7E, Rebel Ti, T1i, T2i, T3i, T4i ..."
...and given that this list covers even some of their ancient Film cameras, it looks like whatever Canon model you have is probably a safe bet.
- Answered by Hugh H from Denville
- Nov 1, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The Camera Connection Kit (CCK) is a fanatstic dock kit, best $29 I have ever spent! I take it on every trip, after a days' shooting the card pops into the CCK and the photos "magically" transfer to the iPad. You can clean them right off the card, freeing up more space, or hang onto them until copying them to the harddrive at home. Either way they are automatically saved to the iPad. So nice to share the days' photos and videos on the iPad with everyone at dinner!
Apparently you can use the CCK to watch movies on the iPad without using up memory: copy movies to the card, use the kit to view on the iPad. I havent tried this yet.
I also have a Canon DSLR; and the CCK works perfectly with my Pentax Optio underwater camera. Any similar size card will work.
- Answered by Glenn J from Nepean
- May 17, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can I upload photos from my DSLR camera to an iPad mini ?
- Asked by Atish V
- May 28, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I upload photos from my DSLR camera to an iPad mini ?)
- Asked about: iPad
does it work with a Compact Flash 2 card?
- Asked by Sibylle A from Chatsworth
- Feb 27, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (does it work with a Compact Flash 2 card?)
- Asked about: Belkin Universal Media Reader/Write…
No answers yet