Will the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 work with the Mac's system volume control?
I have a Tascam Fireone FW audio interface/MIDI control surface. It's been useful, but it's a discontinued product for three years and drivers are no longer being developed. I'm looking for a suitable replacement with some criteria:
1. I'm looking for independent volume controls for the monitor (in this case, my reference monitors) and the headphone jack.
2. I'm looking for an interface that will work with the Mac's system volume controls.
I bought a Cakewalk interface and a Presonus one, and neither works with the Mac's volume controls, whereas my FireOne works with it via a "control panel" that seems to act as a driver (install once and forget it, once set).
If this model isn't one that works with the volume, what others do you recommend for my Macbook Pro (with Mountain Lion).
Thanks a lot!
- Asked by Velanche S from San Luis Obispo
- Jul 19, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 work with the Mac's system volume control?)
1 Answer from the Community
Sadly no :(
- Answered by Christopher R from New York
- Dec 24, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
will the volume control on the iPod work with the audio out?
- Asked by Christian W from San Diego
- Mar 12, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (will the volume control on the iPod work with the audio out?)
- Asked about: Apple Composite AV Cable