What is the difference between the focusrite scarlett and the M-Audio Fast Track Pro 4-Input. Are these decent for a beginner? What else is needed?
I am looking for a device that can record audio and guitar at the same time. I want to be able to plug it into my mac and use garage band to mess around with the sound. This is my first time ever recording myself singing or playing and I am not too great with computers so I am looking for something that is incredibly easy to set up and work and that has a great sound. Which device would you recommend? Do I need to purchase anything in addition?
1 Answer from the Community
THe difference is that the MAudio would let you have 4 inputs simultaneously, and the Focusrite is limited to 2. Sounds like that the Focusrite would meet your needs; I included a review of the product. I am new at this too, and as I stated in my review, you would need the Focusrite, a good Microphone, and any of the Blue Line is highly recommended; a microphone stand, and a cable to plug your guitar in, if you are recording electric. You can plug both the guitar and mic in, and the mic will lay another level of sound on the direct input instrument, giving it a richer deeper sound. In the Forums, they highly speak of Focusrite's audio quality so it is a good buy. If you buy the Focusrite or the M Audio, you wouldn't need the devices like the Yeti and Yeti Pro, as the Focusrite is a USB interface, you only need to add a MIC. THe Yeti and Yeti Pro are Usb interfaces and Mics, the Apogee one is an interface and mic, and the Apogee Duet is an interface. Hope this helps!
- Answered by Chester A B from Kingsport
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this work with Fast track duo to connect with iPad/iPhone
- Asked by Gibu G
- May 22, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with Fast track duo to connect with iPad/iPhone)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter
How can i conect my midi controller novation impulse and my focusrite scarlett 2i4 with ipad? Do work With the lightning to usb camera adapter?
- Asked by Ravi B from Curitiba
- Jul 2, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (How can i conect my midi controller novation impulse and my focusrite scarlett 2i4 with ipad? Do work With the lightning to usb camera adapter?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Camera Adapter
I have the macbook pro, is this what I should use to connect to a monitor with vga input?
- Asked by Taylor M from San Francisco
- Oct 21, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (I have the macbook pro, is this what I should use to connect to a monitor with vga input?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter