Is it possible to turn off the automatic infra-red remotely? I don't like to leave IR shining on a sleeping baby's eyes.
- Asked by Adam G from Woodside
- Apr 30, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to turn off the automatic infra-red remotely? I don't like to leave IR shining on a sleeping baby's eyes.)
2 Answers from the Community
After a couple of minutes, the IR level is automatically reduced to 20%, this is automatic as well. It is not possible to turn it off remotely.
- Answered by Michelle S
- May 3, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Infrared is light of a wavelenght that our eyes are not sensitive to.
Since it is typically used by CCD/CMOS sensors to produce a clear picture in poorly illuminated rooms, such as a baby room, I'm not entirely sure what problem you perceive that prompted this question.
PS: I know that the question was posted over a year ago, but just in case the asker, or anyone else, still has a concern, I figure I add some background info on IR light here.
- Answered by The Terah Xperience .
- Aug 13, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can this wake and put to sleep the macbook pro like the remote does?
- Asked by Aaliyah H
- Jul 29, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this wake and put to sleep the macbook pro like the remote does?)
- Asked about: Magic Trackpad