Can i recharge the battery via USB port? I am thinking of putting it in my car, which can only recharge via USB.
- Asked by Junping L from Campsie
- May 28, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i recharge the battery via USB port? I am thinking of putting it in my car, which can only recharge via USB.)
2 Answers from the Community
No. The USB port on this is for connecting it to your computer to update it, not to charge it. There is a separate port for charging. The small Jambox uses the micro USB port for charging and connecting to the computer, so if that's what you want to use it for, look at the smaller one.
- Answered by Jenna M from Portland
- Aug 31, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
this answer is incorrect.
Yes you CAN charge the big jam box using your USB cable.
Because USB ports vary in how much power they can put out (200ma to 2.1a), Jawbone recommends you charge the device with the AC plug-in because it could take almost half a day or longer to charge the big jam box with something that's 500ma or less.
But, if you have a nice USB port that puts out 1000 ma or a wall socket designed for 2.1a, then the big jam box will charge off that and fairly quickly.
I mostly charge this thing with the USB port and a 2.1a iPad wall block.
Note - charging via usb and playing music at the same time might not create a situation where the battery increases in charge. playing and charging while on AC works great.
- Answered by Bryninn E from Sandy
- Aug 2, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
can any usb cable be used to recharge the mac pro in the car?
- Asked by Madyancy L
- Oct 13, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can any usb cable be used to recharge the mac pro in the car?)
- Asked about: Mac
How many amps does the Ipod Nano pull when recharging? I would like to be able to plug it into a USB port on my monitor to recharge.
- Asked by Laurie E from Commerce Township
- Nov 12, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (How many amps does the Ipod Nano pull when recharging? I would like to be able to plug it into a USB port on my monitor to recharge.)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable