Will this device turn on a computer?
I improperly phrased my last question as to whether this will turn on and off a computer. My only real question is will this WEMO turn ON a computer. I would not use this product to shut down a computer I just want to be able to turn it on remotely. Please let me know if anybody has had any success with this product turning on a PC.
- Asked by Ken F from Edison
- Dec 17, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this device turn on a computer?)
1 Answer from the Community
You can normally change the settings on your computer so it turns on automatically after a power outage / never turns itself off. It may vary a little from PC to PC. If the computer locks up you could then use this device to disconnect / reconnect the mains to the PC, after which your PC will reboot on detecting mains again.
- Answered by Ian F from Ellon
- Dec 30, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
which apple computers use this device
- Asked by Stephen C C from New York
- Feb 9, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (which apple computers use this device)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
No answers yet
Can I sync my iphone with my computer with this device?
- Asked by Nate D from Nashville
- Sep 2, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I sync my iphone with my computer with this device?)
- Asked about: Apple Composite AV Cable
can you plug two computers into this device?
- Asked by Stuart R
- Nov 20, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can you plug two computers into this device?)
- Asked about: LaCie 20TB 5big Thunderbolt Series …