with the new Imac having no CD drive, i want to be able to add Office for Mac onto it. Can I connect my macbook to the Imac via this optical cable?
1 Answer from the Community
No, this connection is for digital audio only. You should be able to share your CDROM drive with iMac via Sharing option in Preferences.
- Answered by Peter E from Macquarie
- Dec 7, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Could I add a CD drive onto the MacBook Pro with Rentina Display?
- Asked by Lauralisa O from Palm Harbor
- May 10, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Could I add a CD drive onto the MacBook Pro with Rentina Display?)
- Asked about: Mac
Want to be able to use cd and DVD with the iMac
- Asked by Shirley S from Sacramento
- May 19, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Want to be able to use cd and DVD with the iMac)
- Asked about: Sanus Swivel Column Clamp Mount VMD…