Can I use the Magic Trackpad while it's docked in the charger?
I realize this seems a bit odd, but if I use the Magic Trackpad while sitting at a desk, I rather not have to worry about batteries, and would like to power the trackpad from a USB port.
People say Lion is really nice if you use it with a trackpad. I use a wired keyboard at work, so having a "wired" Trackpad wouldn't be a problem at all, and actually less annoying than having to change batteries.
So I was wondering if I could just leave the charger plugged in, and Trackpad in the charger, permanently, and just use it like that.
Yes, I know about the Apple rechargeable battery charger, etc.
And I have seen the "hacks" on the Web where people drill holes and wire up some type of charger, with wires and a pair of "dummy" batteries. I admit this would be cheaper. I wish there was factory made adapter that did that. But if drilling holes in the Trackpad and setting up a voltage regulator isn't your thing, AND you didn't mind spending the extra money, this seems like about the only alternative. (if it'll work)
- Asked by Mark B from Cupertino
- Sep 1, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the Magic Trackpad while it's docked in the charger?)
4 Answers from the Community
Yes, the recharger does not impede the use of the keyboard or trackpad while they're charging.
- Answered by Jeffrey C from San Francisco
- Aug 31, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
try the "power bar" also from mobee. This does exactly what you're asking for
- Answered by Jesse D
- Jan 13, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Yes, of course, that's no problem.
- Answered by Alexandre C
- Oct 3, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
- Answered by Raymond K
- Dec 26, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Can I use both the magic mouse and the magic trackpad?
- Asked by Carmen Tam M from Saratoga
- Sep 16, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use both the magic mouse and the magic trackpad?)
- Asked about: Magic Trackpad