Is this backpack waterproof and/or resistant?
- Asked by Raul B from St Benedict
- Feb 29, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this backpack waterproof and/or resistant?)
3 Answers from the Community
I wouldn't suggest standing in the rain for a prolonged period of time or going for a swim with it, but if you get caught in the rain like I did, your products should be relatively safe. Mine were. Not one of the items in the zipped up compartments got even the slightest bit of water on them, and no ugly water marks on my bag either.
- Answered by Christine G from Fayetteville
- Aug 9, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The material is apparently waterproof, but the wide zips definitely aren't (and surprisingly they have no flaps to stop water ingress), and the inside of the Thule gets quite soggy. When it rains, I put my mac in a plastic bag.
- Answered by Harold T
- Mar 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
This Thule backback could defiantly be more waterproof; the main problem is that water leaks through the zippers. The outside material is waterproof though. If you don't keep the zippers zipped up facing upwards, but instead put them to the side so the rain won't be falling right on the zippers, then it will defiantly keep your stuff dry.
- Answered by Isabella J from Auburn
- Feb 27, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3