can I easily override the speakers by plugging in some headphones or do I have to disconnect these and insert headphones into the computer jack
My current speakers are not acoustically high quality, but they have three clever features. 1) An on/off button on one of the speakers, 2) a volume knob for manual control, (ideal for when the phone rings) and 3) a headphone jack beside the volume control. I am looking for Bose quality sound on a computer system set of desktop speakers, but with these three features - especially the headphone jack.
- Asked by Andre F from Mississauga
- Jan 7, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (can I easily override the speakers by plugging in some headphones or do I have to disconnect these and insert headphones into the computer jack)
2 Answers from the Community
It turns out you will find all these features on the Companion 20 as well. The versatile control pod features rotational volume control, single-touch mute, headphone jack and connection for a second audio source. The headphone output is auto sensing and automatically overrides the Companion 20 as long as your headset stays connected.
- Answered by Laurian T from Lausanne
- Feb 17, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
My Bose speakers hav it all. There is a volume knob on the right speaker as wellas a headphone jack. And yes there is a simple on off button on the same speaker. They are the Bose Companion 2 and work wonderfully . they fill a good size room wil clear sound and I'd be pretty hard pressed to use anything else. My wife loved the sound so much she bought the Bluetooth wireless speaker for her office and has sold 3 more sets of those. Add to our 7.1 surround for the TV and we have quite an assortment of high quality Bose products that we are very pleased with.
- Answered by Scott G from Mason
- Feb 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Does it override headphone jack
- Asked by Yvonne E
- Jul 21, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it override headphone jack)
- Asked about: Philips SoundShooter Wireless Bluet…
No answers yet
If I plug headphones into the headphone jack of a MacBook Air that's connected to a Thunderbolt Display, will that silence the speakers on the TBD?
- Asked by Daniel O from Moscow
- Nov 19, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (If I plug headphones into the headphone jack of a MacBook Air that's connected to a Thunderbolt Display, will that silence the speakers on the TBD?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Display (27-inch)
Does the headphone jack still work with this adapter plugged in also?
- Asked by Claude C from Bridgeport
- Jan 21, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the headphone jack still work with this adapter plugged in also?)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter