How about the heat? Did operating in closed-lid mode can increase the heat faster than usual?
I read on apple page that we can operating macbook in closed-lid mode but I wondering about the heat cause this mode.
Did anyone have experience with the heat using this accessories?
Thank you for the help.
3 Answers from the Community
Actually its better for heat dissipation. I have this and a macbook pro and use it everyday. The fact that the bottom is exposed to the air improves circulation significantly. Also, there is less wear and tear on the keyboard etc. Its a good product. Just expensive. But it comes in a nice box though.
- Answered by Lester J from Baltimore
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I've been using BookArcs for several MacBook models (Airs and Pros), and I've had no problem with heat (and I do run iStat to look at temperatures). One thing I do that seems to have shaved a few degrees off is put the computer in the BookArc with the rear vents facing up. I know this makes for messier cables (because they're placed higher this way), but, from the standpoint of heat dissipation, it just seemed like a better idea.
- Answered by Jude M from Livonia
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
My experience was the exact opposite. This will do a worse job of ventilating your MacBook because air intake is through the keyboard.
Exposing a solid piece of aluminum to open air is worthless.
- Answered by Todd W from Provo
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
how do you turn the power on if the lid is closed
- Asked by Kevin D from New York
- Jun 6, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (how do you turn the power on if the lid is closed)
- Asked about: Twelve South BookArc Pro Vertical D…
Will this remote allow 'Closed Lid' operations as w/ the Bluetooth Mouse/Keyboard on a MBP 13??
- Asked by Michael L from Senoia
- Jan 17, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this remote allow 'Closed Lid' operations as w/ the Bluetooth Mouse/Keyboard on a MBP 13??)
- Asked about: Apple Remote
does the track pad heat up?
- Asked by Sean H from Sydney
- Dec 12, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (does the track pad heat up?)
- Asked about: Magic Trackpad