Will the new iPhone 5 work correctly with the Zeppelin when docked with the new lightening connector?
2 Answers from the Community
It will work, HOWEVER...from what I gather the adapter only allows for analog audio output, so you lose the advantage of digital out right to the dock that you now get from the 30-pin connector. The analog signal that goes to the dock will be processed by iphone/ipod's circuits and would not go straight to the dock, so you will likely see a difference in fidelity because you lose the unaltered digital signal.
- Answered by Mihai A from Sharon
- Nov 7, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Mostly, Yes. The most obvious issue I've had is that it beeps often ie. the same noise you get when you first put it onto the Zeppelin.
The other issue I've noticed since updating either the firmware or iTunes (I'm not sure which) is that the Zeppelin no longer appears in the iTunes multiple speaker window. I can still send music to the Zeppelin but not at the same time as to other speakers or my computer. This is a real retrograde step!
- Answered by Edward H from Brisbane
- Oct 29, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Is there an adapter to use iPhone 4 with new lightening connector accessories like Bose Sound Dock III?
- Asked by Julie S from Cochrane
- Nov 20, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there an adapter to use iPhone 4 with new lightening connector accessories like Bose Sound Dock III?)
- Asked about: Bose SoundDock® Series III Digital …
Does the lightening 30 pin adapter work with a mini zeppelin and iphone 5s
- Asked by Karlyn S from Holladay-cottonwood
- Nov 21, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the lightening 30 pin adapter work with a mini zeppelin and iphone 5s)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter
Does this cable have the new slimmer dock connector?
- Asked by Lutz N from Lutz
- May 15, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this cable have the new slimmer dock connector?)
- Asked about: Apple Composite AV Cable