Is it possible to dock an iPad 2 on it to play music or charge, or is it too heavy?
- Asked by Massimiliano D
- Mar 15, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to dock an iPad 2 on it to play music or charge, or is it too heavy?)
4 Answers from the Community
It's not that heavy! I would have no issue, except if you bumped the iPad, it will fall off in a second. But the arm is strong enough for the weight, it is just not a solid perch.
- Answered by David J from Atlanta
- Mar 19, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Although physically, there is nothing to stop you from docking an iPad or iPad 2 on the Zeppelin Air, it is not recommended. The Zeppelin docks are not designed to take iPads of any description and due to their weight and size, could cause permanent damage to the Zeppelin.
The manufacturer recommends that you only play music using an iPad through the Aux-in or using Airplay and charging it separately.
- Answered by William F
- Mar 17, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I've been using my original iPad with my Zeppelin since it first came out.Works perfectly. Love the full -sized album art(I only download high quality cover art - minimum 900 x 900 ). For me it kicks it up a notch. Don't use my iphone anymore. It will trickle charge if you turn off screen. Looove teh Zeppelin
- Answered by Greg C from Toronto
- May 17, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
My iPad 3 works fine on the Zepplin Air, a very convenient charging system too. And it looks nice docked on the zeppelin. Don't look to be straining anything, the dock arm is quite sturdy. But the Zeppelin Air is AIrplay enabled, so if you;ve got an iPad, you shouldn't need the dock.
- Answered by Jamie B
- Oct 24, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
will this play music and charge from my bose iPod dock
- Asked by Sukhveer A
- Dec 28, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (will this play music and charge from my bose iPod dock)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter
Does the Lightning to 30-pin Adapter can be used on my bose dock, play music & charge iPad at the same time?
- Asked by Jennifer C from Rochester
- Nov 3, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Lightning to 30-pin Adapter can be used on my bose dock, play music & charge iPad at the same time?)
- Asked about: iPad