I have the original Zeppelin without the Wireless function, is there an adaptor I can fit to the Zeppelin to listen to allow wireless transmission?
2 Answers from the Community
there is'nt an actual adaptor for the zeppelin. but I also have an original one and by using an apple airport express, available on this site and an optical lead as both the express and the mk1 zeppelin have combined optical and digital jacks I have streamed music via remote app for itouch and now airplay directly from the itouch to the zeppelin for a couple of years now using the zepps onboard DAC
despite the reported improvements in the sound quality with mk11 over mk1 zep as i already had the airport express i couldn't see the big deal with the integrated Airplay
- Answered by Pat F from Trim
- May 20, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I use AirFoil (Rogue Amoeba) to wirelessly stream iTunes audio and any System audio to my Zeppelin Mini.
You will need an iPod touch/iPhone 3/3Gs/4 with the free App AirSpeakers docked to the Zeppelin Mini to achieve this & ensure that your Zepp has the latest firmware update.
Depending on the current workload on your Mac & the type of CPU it has, one maybe able to stream to multiple devices. I have managed 4 simultaneous streams while my i7 Intel Mac was encoding X264 Video in the background.
Hope this helps.
- Answered by William J from Padbury
- May 23, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Do they function the same using iTunes on a MacBook as they do using a portable device?
- Asked by Gaberiel K from Byron
- Jul 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Do they function the same using iTunes on a MacBook as they do using a portable device?)
- Asked about: Parrot Zik Wireless Headphones by S…
Will this adaptor connect my original iPad keyboard to my new iPad Air?
- Asked by Richard H from Valdosta
- Jan 1, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adaptor connect my original iPad keyboard to my new iPad Air?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (0.2 m)