how to connect Bowers and Wilkins Zeppelin Air speakers to Mac Book Air computer when computer has no ethernet port?
- Asked by Thomas B from Fort Collins
- Dec 8, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (how to connect Bowers and Wilkins Zeppelin Air speakers to Mac Book Air computer when computer has no ethernet port?)
4 Answers from the Community
Zeppelin Air has it's own temporary wireless network which you can access from your browser . Details are in Bowers & Wilkins online manual.This will enable you to set up Airplay without using an ethernet cable .
p.s. Zeppelin Air will only join a network with an alphanumeric password . If you have any symbols in your home network password you'll need to remove them or set up a guest account without any . Hopefully this will be sorted with a firmware update .
- Answered by Ian T
- Dec 14, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
You no longer need an ethernet cable to connect Bower & Wilkins Zeppelin Air speakers via AirPlay to a Mac Book Air. Download the free Bowers & Wilkins Control App to your IPhone or iPad, follow the easy set up steps and you are done. Disregard B&W's online manual or set up guide. Confusing and outdated. Going by the steps in this app, it will take you less than 5 minutes to connect to AirPlay.
- Answered by Ruben D from Woolloomooloo
- Jun 14, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
there are non ethernet options available to set up the zeppelin. One is a wireless connection peer to peer, another is to put your iPhone or iPod on the dock and access the set up via those. I would recommend downloading the PDF instructions to your Mac or iPad which does have a little more detail than the 'paper' based instructions in the box; which do supply the various options on how to setup the zeppelin.
- Answered by Martin V from Kingsville
- Dec 23, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
If the MacBook Air is on the same wifi connection as the Zeppelin Air, you can connect with AirPlay on iTunes. However, in order initially connect the Zeppelin to this network you need to have a computer with an Ethernet port. Otherwise there is an aux connection available on the Zeppelin Air.
- Answered by Sam G from Ann Arbor
- Dec 10, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Will this stop my Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Air cutting out?
- Asked by Rowan A
- Sep 24, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this stop my Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Air cutting out?)
- Asked about: AirPort Express
whats the difference in sound output between this and the Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Air
- Asked by Jakeb B from Bacchus Marsh
- Jul 19, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (whats the difference in sound output between this and the Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Air)
- Asked about: Beats by Dr. Dre Pill Speaker
Will it work with the first Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin ????
- Asked by Jason W
- Dec 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it work with the first Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin ????)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter