How good is the bass? and can I connect a separate subwoofer to it and have it play through airplay?
- Asked by Zach S from Olympia
- May 31, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (How good is the bass? and can I connect a separate subwoofer to it and have it play through airplay?)
2 Answers from the Community
The bass response is quite good for a relatively small speaker dock. It is better than the original Zepp and you can adjust the bass response with a docked iOS device. There is no input to append another subwoofer. The bass repsonse is enhanced if it is close to a wall or something.
- Answered by David N from San Diego
- Mar 18, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The bass is very good for the size of the system. It is not a bumper by any means, but has a very natural and present sound. I don't think there is a way to connect an active sub to the system directly. The only way I can think of adding a subwoofer is by streaming music through an airport express, connect a receiver to the AUX output on the router, and connect the subwoofer and Air to the receiver. However, if you are willing to go through all of that, I'd recommend a nice bookshelf system instead.
- Answered by Sam G from Ann Arbor
- Jun 22, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
is there a subwoofer i can buy separate
- Asked by Frank C from Kamloops
- Apr 18, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (is there a subwoofer i can buy separate)
- Asked about: Edifier E30 Spinnaker 2.0/2.1 Bluet…
Do they support airplay and would they connect together when playing music
- Asked by Harrison W from Bedworth
- Dec 8, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Do they support airplay and would they connect together when playing music)
- Asked about: iHome iHM89 Rechargeable Portable M…