Can you play the new nano FM radio through these speakers?
I ask because it says you have to have the headphones attached to get the FM radio to work (as the wire to the headphones is the FM antenna) so I am assuming this means that if you plug the nano into the B&W speakers (or indeed any other docking station speakers) that you wont be able to hear the radio over them?
I have an ipod classic so that wont give me the radio option as it doesnt take Apps but would like to have a radio option that is not dependent on internet access (as is the case with the ipod touch radio App).
- Asked by Catherine M
- Aug 20, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you play the new nano FM radio through these speakers?)
2 Answers from the Community
Nope, I've been looking for a way to have FM radio playing on my Zeppelin Air, but none found zo far.
When docking the iPod nano, you can't get it to play Radio. Headphone connector is on the same side as the dock connector so it won't fit. Even if you get it to fit, it will just say it doesn't have an antenna.
Maybe there is a way by connecting it to the AUX connector of the Zeppelin, but I haven't tried that yet... .
- Answered by Xavier L
- Dec 28, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Radio on iPod nano plays only with headphones connected as they act as an antenna. Music plays via headphones when they're connected. So answer is no.
- Answered by George K from Brooklyn
- Mar 3, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can I listen to fm radio on an ipod nano through a wired speaker?
- Asked by Ossie W from Kingsford
- Mar 8, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I listen to fm radio on an ipod nano through a wired speaker?)
- Asked about: iPod
Is the FM radio in an Australian iPod Nano ok for Russia?
- Asked by Ian R from Dolls Point
- Jun 25, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the FM radio in an Australian iPod Nano ok for Russia?)
- Asked about: iPod
Is there a built-in FM radio tuner in the new iPhone 6 ??
- Asked by Tsahi S
- Oct 10, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a built-in FM radio tuner in the new iPhone 6 ??)
- Asked about: iPhone