Can I use this product in the Japan?
Bying in US then bring back to Japan. Can I use it in the Japan?
- Asked by Masahiro S from Gold River
- Dec 2, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this product in the Japan?)
3 Answers from the Community
Although, my answer is quite late, perhaps it will help someone else buying products in the US for use in Japan.
The voltage in Japan is 100V. The voltage in the US is 120V. Both countries have ungrounded (2-prong) plugs that fit interchangeably. Personally, I find the difference in voltage negligible. I think only really sensitive equipment will have problems with the voltage difference. I lived in Japan for a year and a half, and used a US bought, non-Apple laptop and external hard drive JUST FINE without plug adaptors or voltage converters.
- Answered by Maria V V from Cypress
- May 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
In which country will your ipod be? The airplay range is relatively limited and would almost certainly not work between the US and Japan.
- Answered by Gordon G from Esher
- Dec 8, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I would not buy it to take to Japan, because the power voltage is different, even with a converter it may blow the fuse and destroy the speaker.
- Answered by Andrew P from Mulgrave
- Dec 5, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Is there two different plugs for Japan and The US?
- Asked by Jok Sun Y
- May 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there two different plugs for Japan and The US?)
- Asked about: Apple World Travel Adapter Kit
What is the range of this product?
- Asked by Srinivas R
- Oct 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the range of this product?)
- Asked about: Silverlit Bluetooth Porsche
No answers yet