does the yeti pro work with the ipad or ipad2 without a extra usb power source?
- Asked by Beau B from Anchorage
- Apr 19, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (does the yeti pro work with the ipad or ipad2 without a extra usb power source?)
3 Answers from the Community
There are videos all over You Tube and the Net that show people using an Apple camera USB adaptor and the Yeti without any issue. I plan to try it myself.
I notice another people has posted an "absolutely not" reply. I'm not sure why that is. Has he tried to connect and failed? Also if he did, was it an Apple USB adaptor or another brand? I know when the update came for the iPad, some third-party USB connectors failed to operate. Not so with the Apple branded product.
Maybe people should not assume things don't work until they try them. The hundreds of videos I've found on the iPad and Yeti make it clear that you can connect and record with very good quality.
- Answered by Joseph Z from Blaine
- May 24, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Works with my yeti pro thx mic only with blue Fire app. Tried with the official Fire version 2 but it does not support it. Blue fire is the light version 1.5 of Fire app.
I have the first generation of Ipad.
- Answered by Phonesavanh T from Gatineau
- Jan 7, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
It won't work at all with the iPad.
In general terms, do not assume that *any* USB device will work with iPad unless iPad support is explicitly stated. iPad is a very different software environment to PC or Mac, so most USB devices do not work on it.
Ditto for iPad-specific peripherals; don't assume they work on Mac or PC unless this is explicitly supported.
- Answered by Kenneth D from Ottawa
- Apr 19, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
what is the the power source?
- Asked by Lewis C
- Jan 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the the power source?)
- Asked about: Philips Clock Dock
Can I use this to feed audio into GarageBand from a digital source
- Asked by Charles M from Chesapeake
- Mar 25, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to feed audio into GarageBand from a digital source)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Cable (0.5 m)