How does the Quadro 4000 card compare to the ATI 5870 / GTX 285 for EVERY DAY usage?
While the benefits to CUDA accelerated applications is clear, or mercury apps, or other specific, accelerated applications, I wonder how the 4000 would fare in 'general' use, including games.
It would seem, since the clock, memory, and throughput are much lower than GTX 285 or Radeon 5870, it would potentially be quite a bit slower in those applications. I don't mind spending a premium for a card that can raise my productivity in work apps, but also like it to be good for the evening R&R. Will I trade down 'recreational' performance by getting this card to speed up accelerated productivity apps?
- Asked by Daniel O from South Pasadena
- Nov 7, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (How does the Quadro 4000 card compare to the ATI 5870 / GTX 285 for EVERY DAY usage?)
2 Answers from the Community
Cards that are designed and optimized for gaming will almost always perform better than cards designed and optimized for pro apps when it comes to gaming. Quadro 4000 is no exception, it's designed and optimized from the ground up for the pro apps market.
- Answered by Trilo B from San Francisco
- Nov 9, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
By "everyday usage" you mean you aren't doing high end graph-ix rendering", then go with the lowest cost any one of these cards are great for normal use.
the 285 is no longer available new but is still a great card. the 5870 is more for gaming, and does a great job at it. along with the ability to do 3D rendering, however if your work is primarily rendering then I would go for the Quaddro 4000.
- Answered by Todd D from Ronks
- Jul 3, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
How much better is the intel Iris to Intel 4000 integrated graphics? Will I notice any difference in performance under normal usage?
- Asked by Nicholas N
- Apr 15, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (How much better is the intel Iris to Intel 4000 integrated graphics? Will I notice any difference in performance under normal usage?)
- Asked about: Mac
do i have to charge up jawbone for 2 days the first time?
- Asked by Manal R from Gainesville
- Aug 9, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (do i have to charge up jawbone for 2 days the first time?)
- Asked about: UP by Jawbone