So, how does the card itself fit in? Also, it seems to block every other port on the Macbook...
- Asked by Neil V from Charleston
- Sep 9, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (So, how does the card itself fit in? Also, it seems to block every other port on the Macbook...)
3 Answers from the Community
Card is inserted into the long flat edge of the expanded "T" - parallel to the keyboard. On a MacBook / MacBookPro it is possible to also have other cables inserted into the adjoining USB port - I do it all the time. The reader will of course fit in any USB port on any system and is automatically detected and supported by Mac OS X 10.5 & 10.6. It is especially handy for those who do not want to carry around readers with long cables.
- Answered by Shawn G from Fairfax
- Sep 9, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
1. I cannot include a picture here with a card inserted (or a web link to the datasheet which shows a picture) due to text restrictions in this dialogue box, so I'll try to explain it in words. When the SCM SCR3500 smart card reader is folded out, a slot is exposed on the reader. It is quite intuitive, because it is the only slot that the reader has and a standard sized smart card (ID1 card) fits perfectly into the slot.
2. Depending on the model of notebook you use, the reader could block one or more of the other ports when plugged in directly to the USB port. A simple way around this is to connect the SCM SCR3500 smart card reader into a short USB cable, then plug the cable into the USB port.
Hope this helps!
- Answered by David H from La Center
- Sep 10, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
You can also get a USB extender cable from Amazon or Radio Shack. This will get it away from the other ports.
- Answered by Jonathan B from Rockville
- Dec 9, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
How does the Quadro 4000 card compare to the ATI 5870 / GTX 285 for EVERY DAY usage?
- Asked by Daniel O from South Pasadena
- Nov 7, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (How does the Quadro 4000 card compare to the ATI 5870 / GTX 285 for EVERY DAY usage?)
- Asked about: NVIDIA Quadro 4000 for Mac
This seems like a really nice bag! Would it fit a laptop other than a MacBook?
- Asked by David B from Pierrefonds
- May 7, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (This seems like a really nice bag! Would it fit a laptop other than a MacBook?)
- Asked about: Thule 13 Stravan Deluxe Attache for…