Can this card be used for business (for customers), i.e. a paypal account on the computer
We would like to use the smart card reader on either our imac or the ipad when we are selling our products at a show. Is the reader compatible to use when accepting payments through our business paypal account?
- Asked by Marjorie M from Calgary
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this card be used for business (for customers), i.e. a paypal account on the computer)
1 Answer from the Community
This is a CCID Smart Card Reader - Hardware. Your Mac OS X application would need to know how to handle the security objects on the card (i.e. X.509 Identity). Any Mac OS X Application would be able to see and use it like any other Keychain using the Keychain APIs.
As of v4.2, iOS does not provide any Smart Card Services with which to provide system-wide support for a Smart Card or Smart Card Reader. Your iOS Application would need to support both the hardware and the objects on the cards you would have in use. And of course, you would also need some 30-PIN to USB adaptor for an iPAD as well, but that is the least of your worries right now.
- Answered by Shawn G from Fairfax
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does it work with a PayPal account?
- Asked by Raul R from Miami
- Aug 23, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it work with a PayPal account?)
- Asked about: Square Credit Card Reader
No answers yet