Has anyone figure out how to CLEAN the Harmon Kardon Soundsticks subwoofer?
One person, on another site, suggested taking the screws out and then easily cleaning. My screws are covered by plastic rubber tabs and they don't want to come off. Any suggestions anyone?..don't like the collection of bugs in the base.
- Asked by Angela D from West Lebanon
- May 25, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Has anyone figure out how to CLEAN the Harmon Kardon Soundsticks subwoofer?)
1 Answer from the Community
TWO 'possible' ideas, Angela.
A 'canister' vacuum, such as an ELECTROLUX® that allows the hose to connect at opposite end and 'blow' air, instead of suction. The vacuum does not produce a force too great to damage the sub unit, BUT the hose/nozzle • • MUST • • be slim enough to leave room for air/debris to escape . . . this SHOULD blow the debris up and out. a suitable 'extension' MIGHT BE the cardboard tube from a long roll of aluminum foil!
SECOND . . . a can of air that artists & photographers use on prints and negatives. A sustained 'burst' or two may do the same as in the first suggestion.
In either case, the 'debris' WILL come UP and OUT, so watch your face & EYES!
• • DO NOT TRY WITH AN AIR COMPRESSOR . . . TOO STRONG AND THE 'AIR' GENERALLY CONTAINS A GREAT DEAL OF WATER VAPOR/MOISTURE! • •
- Answered by Jay L T from Lorain
- Jul 21, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I have the Harman Kardon SoundSticks 1 with the USB connector. I want to connect this to my universal iPod dock to use the speakers.
- Asked by Thomas B from Libertyville
- May 25, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (I have the Harman Kardon SoundSticks 1 with the USB connector. I want to connect this to my universal iPod dock to use the speakers.)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable
Would anyone recommend this??
- Asked by Emmet W
- Oct 17, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Would anyone recommend this??)
- Asked about: Olloclip Quick-Connect Lens Solutio…
No answers yet
Given the lack of a subwoofer, how well-suited would these be for the odd movie?
- Asked by Mitch D from Montreal
- Dec 18, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Given the lack of a subwoofer, how well-suited would these be for the odd movie?)
- Asked about: Bowers & Wilkins MM-1 Speakers