Comparison between Sounsticks III and it's predecessor.
I'd like to know what are the differences between Soundsticks 3 and Soundsticks 2.
My Soundsticks 2 in their 2nd year of use, stared falling apart. The satellite speakers would split open along the seams. The guys that chose the glue that holds it together did not factor in, the humidity levels in asia.
Thus far, all I noticed were
1. different coloured bases for the satellite speakers.
2. White LED light on the SoundSticks 3 as opposed to the blue LED found on the predecessor.
3. Different wires(though this may merely be a cosmetic change)
Are there any real improvements in terms of sound reproduction quality
- Asked by Gt O from Georgetown
- Apr 15, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Comparison between Sounsticks III and it's predecessor.)
1 Answer from the Community
The original was a USB based system not a mini-hifi plug. Original was blue to kinda-sorta match some of the original blue colored plastic monitors. The original SoundSticks were designed by Apple with HK and were only sold through Apple for a while. Since Lion, the USB's stopped working and were made obsolete. They will work with Windoze with the appropriate driver. The sound is actually better to my ears. I used the Original until about a year ago when I finally switched to Snow Leopard on my Mini. Since the input signal uses a normal 3.5mm stereo plug the SoundSticks can be used with ANY device that has a mini output including your iPod and iPad.
- Answered by David S from Pine Bluff
- Feb 15, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
How does the battery life compare to that of the wireless keyboard? Does it have the same "sleep" function as the keyboard to preserve battery life?
- Asked by Dustin P from Lamar
- Jul 28, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (How does the battery life compare to that of the wireless keyboard? Does it have the same "sleep" function as the keyboard to preserve battery life?)
- Asked about: Magic Trackpad
Does the new Airport Express have noticeable range improvements from it's predecessor?
- Asked by Michael F from Fair Lawn
- Aug 6, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the new Airport Express have noticeable range improvements from it's predecessor?)
- Asked about: AirPort Express
Are there any comparisons with Pinnacle Video Capture? Interested
- Asked by Judson D from Sacramento
- Nov 26, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Are there any comparisons with Pinnacle Video Capture? Interested)
- Asked about: Elgato Video Capture