would it work with iphone5 and would it give the heart rate with the gradient and the distance
- Asked by Al-nashir K
- Mar 1, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (would it work with iphone5 and would it give the heart rate with the gradient and the distance)
2 Answers from the Community
The Polar WearLink Nike+ doesn't work with iPhones because it doesn't have BlueTooth. The correct Polar HR chestband for iPhones 4 and 5 is the Polar H7. The Polar H7 also supports the Nike application, and most other Heart Rate monitoring apps as well such as Polar Beat, etc.
- Answered by Scott P from Soquel
- Apr 10, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I did my research and this heart rate sensor is using ANT+ technology, not Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) or so called Bluetooth 4.0. It might be work with iPhone 5, but you should find the ANT+ adapter to be plug it on Lightning Port (Good Luck for that!). I haven't seen any, but there are a lot of ANT+ adapter for 30-pin (iPhone 4S and older).
If you can manage or found the ANT+ adapter for iPhone 5, the next problem is, your Nike+ App on iOS is not support the Heart Rate reading. Hence, you should switched to other app like Endomondo or Polar it self. Then, ask your programmer friend to upload it to your Nike+ dashboard.
Conclusion: This Heart Rate Device is only work with ANT+ technology. The best friend of this device is iPod Nano 5th and 6th gen. Not even the latest iPod nano will work with this :)
If you really Nike+ fan, wait until Nike releasing the latest Fuelband. It is said that there will be a heart beat sensor and it'll work with the new Nike+ App for iOS.
- Answered by Tintin N
- Aug 25, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Do these interfere with other bluetooth devices, like heart rate monitors?
- Asked by Shaun S from Austin
- Feb 10, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Do these interfere with other bluetooth devices, like heart rate monitors?)
- Asked about: JayBird BlueBuds X Premium Bluetoot…
does the heart rate monitor only work in real time with your iPhone present, or can it store heart rate info which can be viewed later when connected
- Asked by Zaine F
- Jun 26, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (does the heart rate monitor only work in real time with your iPhone present, or can it store heart rate info which can be viewed later when connected)
- Asked about: Wahoo TICKR Heart Rate Monitor