Will the Nike+ Polar Heart Rate Monitor work with the iPhone4, if I plug the Nike+Sport Kit device into the iPhone4?
All the online discussions indicate that the Nike+ Polar Heart Rate Monitor is incompatible with the iPhone4. All Nike literature says that the Nike+ Polar Heart Rate Monitor will work with the Nike+Sport Kit. The Nike+Sport Kit is advertised as compatible with the iPhone 4 (although it says the dongle is not needed).
If I use the Nike+ Sport Kit dongle in my iPhone4, would that make my phone compatible with the Nike+ Polar Heart Rate Monitor?
- Asked by Rc B from Cabot
- Jul 23, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Nike+ Polar Heart Rate Monitor work with the iPhone4, if I plug the Nike+Sport Kit device into the iPhone4?)
4 Answers from the Community
No, but if you have the dongle you can use the ADIDAS micoach app and it will read heart rate and pace.
- Answered by Paulo G M from Coralville
- Mar 9, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No it won't work.
When you attempt to plug your sports kit receiver (dongle) on the phones a pop-up alert message comes up telling you that you already have a receiver built into your iPhone.
- Answered by Oren K
- Aug 15, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I have the polar BT heart moitor working with an iPhone 4S using Edomundo app.
- Answered by Carlos L from Cambridge
- Sep 2, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
If you have an Iphone 4 you can use:
1.- Nike+ GPS
2.- Nike + iPod
Nike+ GPS don´t need a sensor because this program use your GPS to calculate all information.
If you use Nike + iPod, you need a sensor... but if you wanna Polar Hear Rate Monitor, just work with Ipod 5th Generation (or SportBand) because in iPhone don´t appear that function. In settings just appear how to link to a sensor or remote.
"Linking a Nike + iPod Compatible Remote or Heart Rate Monitor
To link to a Nike+ compatible heart rate monitor (sold separately):
m iPod nano (5th generation only): Connect your Nike + iPod receiver to your iPod nano,
choose Nike + iPod > Settings > Heart Rate Monitor > Link, then follow the onscreen
I hope this answer your question.
- Answered by Cesar C from Guadalupe
- Aug 15, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Do these interfere with other bluetooth devices, like heart rate monitors?
- Asked by Shaun S from Austin
- Feb 10, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Do these interfere with other bluetooth devices, like heart rate monitors?)
- Asked about: JayBird BlueBuds X Premium Bluetoot…
I have an iphone 4 , but also have the nike+ app on my phone.. would this monitor still work with my iphone 4 until I upgrade?
- Asked by Chelsea G from St. Thomas
- Jul 29, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (I have an iphone 4 , but also have the nike+ app on my phone.. would this monitor still work with my iphone 4 until I upgrade?)
- Asked about: Wahoo TICKR