Why doesn't it record calories when using the HRM in heart rate mode doing an aerobics workout?
If you select a calories or basic workout instead and use the nike+ sensor will that be accurate for an aerobic workout? Basically I want to be able to monitor my heartrate and track my calories during a cardio kickboxing class, can this be done?
- Asked by Lindsey P from Midlothian
- Mar 3, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Why doesn't it record calories when using the HRM in heart rate mode doing an aerobics workout?)
2 Answers from the Community
It used to record calories when using the HRM in heart-rate mode.
I used to use it regularly during Spin classes, where there is no foot impact, so the shoe sensor is redundant. I used to use the heart-rate strap and nano+transmitter and it worked fine.
However, since the Nike+ website moved from the flash version of the site to the HTML only, this functionality seems to have been lost.
I've raised a support ticket, which was a few months ago now, with Nike+ team. No idea if/when this functionality will return. It doesn't seem to be problem with the iPod side - just the way the website is recording calories for HRM runs.
Right now, if you use the HRM strap with the shoe sensor and perform a non-heart-rate exercise workout, the website will record your heart-rate correctly but give wrong calories readouts (or zero). For example a 45min bicycle heart-rate workout with an average of 160 bpm will come out as 6 calories.
- Answered by Dipak P
- Aug 10, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
It used the sensor in your shoe if you are tracking calories. I wouldn't think that would be accurate for kickboxing.
- Answered by Scott E from Mercer Island
- Apr 9, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will it tell me my heart rate and calories burned? I have the iPhone 4s
- Asked by Viersa N from Camden
- Mar 21, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it tell me my heart rate and calories burned? I have the iPhone 4s)
- Asked about: Nike + iPod Sensor
Does this device have capability to record and/or track calories? Thanks in advance.
- Asked by Sharon L from Doylestown
- Jan 28, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this device have capability to record and/or track calories? Thanks in advance.)
- Asked about: MIO Alpha Heart Rate Monitor Watch